Re: Debian on Amiga: Installationproblem

Hallo wouter@debian.org,

Yes, I was too lazy to write the full name twice;-)
I looked in the invoice. It should be seven, there only six:-(

The help from you all was very helpfull. Thanks a lot. I tried the middle
way:
I added "video=amifb:pal nolangchooser" in the icon/file via editpad. It
works
very fine.
Yet, Im reaching the installation via CD-ROM. The system detects two
CD-ROMs. But it doesn´t accept the CD itself (CD not correct mounted).
There are two ways:
Someone is giving the next advice. I am using a BlizzardSCSI-Kit and CD2 and
CD3.
I try it via harddisk. Maybe it works.

On 01-Aug-02 , you wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 03:37:55AM +1000, Ross Vumbaca wrote:
>> Michael Hugger wrote:
>> English, I hope
>> Hello,
>> I purchased D. L. 3.0 "Woody" m68k for my Amiga 1240/40. After I didn´t
>>
>> What is D.L. 3.0?
>
> Debian Linux 3.0. Took me a while to figure that out, too: he's missing
> the 'G' from 'GNU/Linux'.
>
>> Why "only" 6 CDs, didn't woody come on 7?
>
> Not for m68k. Some arches have 7 CD's, some have 6. I suppose that the
> difference in binary file size for different architectures has something
> to do with it (for instance, Geert Uytterhoeven once posted to
> be.comp.os.linux that a binary of a certain application compiled for m68k
> is typically smaller than one for i386).
>
> --
> wouter at grep dot be
>
> "Human knowledge belongs to the world"
>  -- From the movie "Antitrust"

Regards
--
Michael Hugger
MichaelHugger@web.de

Success is like a fart - only your own smells nice.
-- James P. Hogan