Re: 2.4.18 kernel-patch

Hi,

After seeing the discussion about 2.4.18 kernels on the m68k user list I
decided to put together a 2.4.18 kernel-patch package. It seems though
that you have beaten me to it. My patch set is quite a bit smaller than
yours as I have taken out the bulk of the non m68k specifics as well as
the bits that reverse the Debian kernel-source additions.

I have also put together BVME6000 and MVME16x kernel image packages. The
BVME6000 kernel works fine on my 060, but the MVME16x kernel causes
applications fail with segfaults, bus errors and illegal instructions
(on my 25MHz 040 MVME167 8Mb RAM) when a lot of paging takes place (most
notably when running dpkg). This fault has been a problem with the whole
of the m68k 2.4 kernel series. I asked for help to find a solution to
this problem several months ago but unfortunately nobody had any idea of
what was broken. I am guessing however that this won't such be a problem
with more RAM or maybe an 060 CPU.

You can find the packages at:

http://people.debian.org/~holgate/kernel-2.4.18

Nick

Who is still playing the m68k game when time allows, which ain't that
often these days.