Re: ext3 under m68k

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 05:11:24PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> 2.2.20 source with ext3? I never played with ext3 until a week ago, I am
> pretty sure thats not from me. But whats the point in patching ext3 into
> 2.2.20 when 2.4.18 has it already by design _and_ when 2.4.18 works just
> fine? Oh yes, 2.4.18 is still considered unstable, we have no m68k packages
> yet, but we should start using it sometime, or it will always be "unstable".

Yes. Rick thought 2.4.x might be too unstable for crest, so I took 2.2.20
with ext3 for the machine. It is working just fine since crest was
installed, but crest is running woody, arrakis potato. Somewhen once woody
is released, arrakis should be upgraded to woody as well. Then a 2.4.x
kernel might be an idea as well.

--
Ciao...              // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo         \X/  To boldly design where no one designed before!