Re: No telnet into SE/30?

At 22:50 -0700 7/2/02, Chris Tillman wrote:
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:28:44AM -0400, Mauricio wrote:
 From my SS20 (solaris 2.6):

 raub@kudria >ping 10.0.0.15 <-- debian SE/30 IP
 10.0.0.15 is alive
 raub@kudria >telnet 10.0.0.15
 Trying 10.0.0.15...
 raub@kudria >

 I know that I can telnet the other way around.  I checked
 /etc/services and telnet is there, but it is not in inetd.conf.  Does
 that mean that woody comes with telnet disabled (at least telnetting
 to it), so I would have to run ssh?

Yes, I think that's right, telnet is seen as a security concern.

Then, it is time for me to learn how to get ssh to work. I know that the telnet client in my Mac support ssh, but I need to learn how to make it work first =)