Re: Floppy mount error

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 09:06:04AM -0700, William Crowshaw wrote:

> I am unable to successfully mount an ext2 floppy on my
> SE/30 using either mount /floppy or mount -t ext2
> /dev/fd0 /floppy.
Floppy drives are not supported on M68k based Macintoshes. There is
a beginning of a driver for the SWIM IOP based machines (e.g. IIfx),
and I've heard the netbsd guys have managed to get their hands on some
information that might help writing a driver. But I don't think it's
high on any developer's priority list, so for now, you're out of luck.

> I get the following error message:
> "mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/fd0 as a
> block device (maybe 'insmod driver'?)"
That should be "(maybe write a driver?)" :/.

Cheers, Alfred

Alfred G. de Wijn,  Faculty of Physics and Astronomy, Utrecht University
 Home address:  Cambridgelaan 199 k 3, 3584 DZ Utrecht, The Netherlands
   e-mail: A.G.deWijn@phys.uu.nl    web: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dwijn