Re: rc.local?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 01:22:28PM -0400, R.A. wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to do the final configuration on my Q950, right now it has
> a working apache and qpopper ^_^ (preatty easy, they came
> preconfigured...)
> but I want it to work as a router, so I'm trying to set up an
> ip-masquerade (following the howto). Anyway, I need to put something
> in /etc/rc.local, but I just can't find it. Should I create a file or
> I have to place it inside one of those rcX.d directories?, if so, in
> wich one?

This question is more appropritate for debian-user.

If you want to do it manually, read /etc/init.d/README and go from there.

But maybe you should have a look at the firestarter package, very neat and
its very easy to setup masquerading with that. But there are more packages
out that to setup a firewall: wajig search firewall

Christian