Re: Update: New Installation problem on SE/30

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:08:29PM -0700, William Crowshaw wrote:

> Looks like there is no way for me, with my resources, my setup, my
> hardware, to determine if woody would work. I'll let some other sucker
> dance with the debian devil.  Anyone want a maxed out SE/30?  They make
> great aquariums.

You want to give up now, after all the time I spent on it? What about all
the other hints you got, like using the woody kernel and install potato? Or
not to use a potato CD but install from the basedebs instead? I bet the first
solution is going to work for you, if you had potato installed previously.

How do you want to ship the SE?

> I've never heard anything about properly name
> partitions for installation to
> complete.  I always named my swap partition "swap"
> Kinda intuitive, don't ya think?

Maybe Amigas are not that intuitive, my partitions don't have names, they
just have a type.

Christian