Re: Update: New Installation problem on SE/30

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:08:56PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:12:06PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 08:25:18AM -0700, William Crowshaw wrote:
>
> > Have to check that again, I thought there was a console 4 listing what steps
> > are executed.
>
> console 4 comes into play only during the base install (debootstrap output).

which is what he is trying to do, so there should be a console 4, right?

> > So whats the deal about the names for the partitions? Is there any info on
> > the web out there which has to be added to the install doc?
>
> Only the swap partition has to be named swap, the others it doesn't matter
> what you call them.

You have to give it this name in macos? Does mac-fdisk do this for you when
you partition in linux?

> The reason AIUI is there is no Swap partition type on Apple format disks,
> all the unix partitions are one type. So the name is needed to identify it.

Can you add something describing this to the install docs in the CVS? Or
send me something a macuser can understand that I can add to the woody FAQ?
I am not sure if I understand this yet... but he seems to have his
partitions right, at least fdisk recognized them correctly.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato