Re: Update: New Installation problem on SE/30

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:12:06PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 08:25:18AM -0700, William Crowshaw wrote:

> Have to check that again, I thought there was a console 4 listing what steps
> are executed.

console 4 comes into play only during the base install (debootstrap output).

> So whats the deal about the names for the partitions? Is there any info on
> the web out there which has to be added to the install doc?

Only the swap partition has to be named swap, the others it doesn't matter
what you call them.

The reason AIUI is there is no Swap partition type on Apple format disks,
all the unix partitions are one type. So the name is needed to identify it.