"bogl" is halting my debian install

Hi.  I'm trying to install Debian on an Amiga 1200 with 32 megs of FAST
RAM, 2 megs of CHIP RAM, 2 IDE hard disks, 1 floppy disk, a Linksys EC2T
PCMCIA NIC, and the stock AGA RGB amiga video (15KHz mode).  My
StartInstall batch file is configured as such:

amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux.bin -r root.bin root=/dev/ram video=amifb:pal

however, the boot process halts after "init started: BusyBox v0.60.3pre
(2002.01.22-04:38+0000) multi-call binary".  The screen then begins
repeating "bogl: don't know screen type 1" over and over again, onto
whatever console I switch to.  So my question is, What is bogl, and how
can I fix this?

Also, I'm not subscribed to this list, so please email me directly; or
please instruct me how to subscribe.

TIA, John Lamb