Re: First post

>Date:          Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:24:21 -0600
>From:          John Bruner <jbruner@ticon.net>
>To:            debian-68k@lists.debian.org
>Subject:       First post
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to get debian running on my IIfx. It won't come all the way
>up. I get to a screen where it looks like it wants me to select a
>country, but the machine freezes.
>
>Also, the screen is broken up into three vertical bars. The left and
>right are gui, the center one is command line.
>
>I haven't set up a physical partition yet Is that the problem, or is it
>just the IIfx?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>John B.
>

>--

Hi John,

Which kernel are you using? If you are not doing so already, please try a 2.4.x kernel. Go here:

and download one of the 2.4.x kernels. The 2.4.0 kernel definitely works on the IIfx since if you click on
the version release number (as it says on the page), you will see that it says it has been tested on the
IIfx. I am guessing that the 2.4.1 will also work and will contain the bug fixes listed if you click on the
version release number for that one.

Hope this helps.

Nick