Re: The spam we get...

Elliot,

I totally agree with you.

It _is_ at least under consideration - see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=lists.debian.org

The list manager as far as I know can be contacted at
listmaster@lists.debian.org

Also note that I believe our anti-spam notice is not being
paid attention to: http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/ (
See Debian mailing list advertising policy )

Most likely this is because, to my knowledge anyway, no one
is taking the time to enforce it... E-mails can usually be
traced to thier origin with a little help from a few ISP's.
We ought to be collecting that fee. Spammers would be quick
to notice.

-Mathew-

--- Elliott Liggett <kilowatt@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
> That last one, the '100% Sex Hound' is just way too far.
>
> There are people on this list who are not even old enough
> to legally
> purchase what they advertise.
>
> Who do I contact (list manager) to take action against
> it? We ought to
> be able to filter the list server, as well as report the
> spam to spamcop
> and other anti-spam services.
>
> This is a technical list, and its a good one. Lets fight
> to keep it that
> way.

=====
"There's no Such Thing as a Bad Apple"