Re: What needs to be done?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:45:47PM +0100, Simon Richter wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> [XF86 and Amiga]
>
> > > Also the Amiga keyboard has just been ported to the Input API. I think
> > > this could lead to additional trouble.
>
> > Um, thats for 2.4.x or even 2.5.x only AFAIK? Not a big problem, since we
> > will not ship with any newer than 2.2.x anytime soon (ie the boot-floppies
> > will stay with 2.2.20, there might be 2.4.x images though which the user can
> > install).
>
> Well, a lot of Amiga people will switch to these kernels, I think, so it
> should perhaps be noted somewhere. I'm going to start testing when my box
Sure, I can add a section to the FAQ/woody page. But AFAIR the only 2.4
kernel images for m68k are 2.4.17, and the new API started to get in only
today? So no trouble from this end yet.

Also for tracing down the problem, it should be possible to use 2.2 kernels.
IMHO its easier if you try to fix problems seperately, if you want to fix
XFree, use a 2.2 kernel, if you want to fix 2.4 input API, use XFree 3.3.6.
Makes sense to me at least?

> works again, which will be at or around the ComParade party.
The what party? Thats not the Karlsruhe meeting (if that still takes place
this year)?

Christian