Segmentation faults

Hi there

I've just finished installing debian potato m68k on an LC 630 (a
68LC040, no FPU).  Everything goes pretty well, except for the fact that
after I've booted i get the following message when loading inetd:

"Starting inetd superserver:
INIT: Id "1" spawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes"

Then I regularly get this message every five minutes.
I'm also having problems installing some packages with dpkg.  I get
segmentation faults all the time and some packages, such as telnetd,
refuse to install at all, reporting numerous errors.

Is this the FPU emulation layer failing?  Is there anything I can do
about it?
Btw, FYI, the Ethernet card, an Asante MacCon conncted to the LC III
PDS, works without a hitch after install.

Cheers,

Sveinbjorn Thordarson