Re: XFree86 4.x

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 12:00:30PM -0800, Erik van Roode wrote:
> Step 1:
>   I finally got the 56MB download through my 28k modem connection.
>
> Step 2:
>   Now I'm trying to unpack the archives. Does anyone have some idea
>   on how much disk space is needed? I have another machine with a
>   mostly empty 80GB disk accessible through NFS, but if possible,
>   I'd like to use my local disk. I'd rather only repartition it
>   once ...

Looks to me like the source package files + the unpacked tree takes
about 120 megs.

Be careful.  Trying to build the packages can take 10 times that.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     engineering.  "Supernatural" is a