Re: PROBLEM: No stable m68k machine anymore

on 11/2/01 9:01 AM using moldy cheese renfro@tntech.edu engraved this
message

> I have a Q800 on my DMZ at home. It doesn't have enough local disk
> space for a full buildd, but probably has enough for security
> advisories (and I could probably dig up another few GB if needed). I

Mike,

 sorry to bother you but was wondering if i could ask you for some help
directly?

basically i am running potato on a Q800 myself and i had a problem running X
on it... specifically the 'a' key wouldnt work... i eventually found that my
Q800 gave a different keycode than was encoded in the xkb/keycodes file for
macintosh... but it worked fine in text mode VC's... so i tried running
potato on my 8500/150 and it has shown to use the proper keycodes as in the
xkb file... i was wondering if you could do a small test on your machine?
run 'showkey' and type the 'asdfghjkl;' row of keys and let me know what key
codes it says are produced....

i would greatly appreaciate it...

sloopy.