Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

<snip>

> > I don't think this would prove useful. This is just 72 pins
> > Fastpage-RAM; in some 2nd hand PC-stores you can easily find this. And
> > cheaper than me sending this to someone else by snail mail ;-)
>
> Nowhere found a PC store where I could get some 32 MB Simms for <10 DEM ;))

Neither did I.

So, I did not say that.

I've got some 4 MB Simms, and some 8MB Simms. And they're cheap, 'cause
nobody wants them ;-)

> > <snip NFS-building>
> > > But I guess, this could be changed to a nfs friendly way of file locking and
> > > so on by a skilled person...
> > Hmmm... or just use another network filesystem. There's something called
> > "CODA", but I've not seen it yet. And how about SMB?
>
> Uhm, only tried with a NT4 host. Doesn't work either. NT4 is not able to use
> symlinks (whereas the underlying NTFS is capable of that, but not the Win32
> API).
> Never tried CODA. May be you want to try and to report? ;-))

Hmmm, maybe I do. It seems that this 4GB-disk (or some driver, that's also
possible) likes to hang my machine :-(

(as in: it sometimes works, but a chroot will probably stress it too
much...)

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium
#ifdef NOT_A_GODDAMN_YANK