From: George <mogil_jan@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: how to help

Hello Ingo,
Using standard boot files, etc. I get the following>
using a 030 mob (Mac LC 520 , 20 meg Ram, A/UX partitioned hard
drive (using the required modification) - the Penguin appears,
lots of numbers but the key is "bad kernel buserror". Happens with
any kernel that delivers the Penguin.
Using a 040 mob (no FPU), getting "SCSI host 0 abort (pid 0) timed out",
resetting, 2 or more attempts and finally "probably an
unrecoverable SCSI bus or device hang".  And this hang occurs
after the keyboard, mouse, ADB are all initialized.
The 040 issue may be addressed somewhere on a Linux site as a
Motorola problem. The 030 - different message but possibly the
same or similar problem?
Thanks, George

----- End forwarded message -----