Re: updated libc6, perl and apt packages?

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 08:21:24PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > And apt failed to build as well:
>
> But it is already built for ARM. I did it myself.
>
> auric{jgg}~#madison apt
>        apt |     0.3.19 |        stable | alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
>        apt |     0.3.19 |       testing | alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
>        apt |     0.3.19 |      unstable | m68k
>        apt |      0.5.0 |      unstable | alpha, hurd-i386, arm, i386, mips, powerpc, sparc, ia64
>
> I see someone built it for hurd too.. Cool beans.
And how does that help the m68k problems, please? Can you build apt on an
arm for m68k? Or on hurd?

If you had looked at the build log, you would have noticed, that I tried
building with the latest sbuild, on kullervo, that all build-depends were
fulfilled but still the build failed. So its a bug in the package.
I tried to find out what was wrong, built it (with sbuild) on i386, no
problems, tried to find out where these weird sgml files come from or should
be, installed the latest sgml-base on kullervo, but to no avail. Some sgml
stuff is missing, so its an error in the build-depends, cannot build from
source, so its an important bug. But hey, it builds on arm, can not be that
important then. Thank you. Maybe you have more luck building it on kullervo,
shall I give you an account?

I'd better just file a bug, why being polite...

Christian, who is very angry, because he just squeezed 300kb of chinese spam
through the phone line
--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you. Then they fight you.
And then you win. [Mahatma Gandhi]      http://people.debian.org/~cts/