Re: apt-get question

>> I tried the --configure option but to no avail.
> with dpkg? dpkg --configure --pending (thats whats executed by dselect I
> think).

Yep, that's exactly what I tried. Oh well.

>> Tried that, didn't work. Basically, just the same error message:
>>
>> FATAL: s_lock(801b6392) at spin.c:109, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
>   ^^^^^ IEEKS! Did you see that one?
>> dpkg: error processing postgresql (--configure):

Yeah, I saw that, but didn't know what to make of it. But then your answer
made it make sense.

> The rest is just follow-up errors... Looks like a kernel problem, or dpkg
> problem to me. Which kernel-version, self-built or the debian version?

I used a 2.2.17 kernel that came from the debian web site, along with the
various modules. I don't know what version of dpkg I'm using, but I really
use apt-get. I did the "update" option, and a couple of the others. I don't
know which version of the libc6 I'm using. I haven't had any trouble with
anything else, though.

I figured it was a problem with the package itself. Perhaps I should contact
the maintainer of this package?

Thanks!

Russell