Question about printing

Folks:

I'd like to setup my Mac Q840AV Debian 2.2 box as a printserver with an old Stylewriter II. I have printcap and the Stylewriter drivers set up correctly (I think) using Monroe Williams' Non MacOS Stylewriter driver for Unix. It seemed to work well with BSD for mac68k.

Somehow, I don't think that the output is getting to the printer as I can hear disk activity happening when I attempt to print, but no output.

Must I initialize the serial ports via Penguin (latest version) and which device do I use for the printer? I've been going on the assumption that the modem port is ttyS0 and the printer port is ttyS1.

TIA.

Pat
--
Embrace the penguin...