Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:20:51PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> For reference: m68k is the only released architecture that doesn't have
> X4 uploaded yet.
I know that.

> At a guess, it's probably worthwhile uploading just the X client side of
> X4 for m68k, which should at least mean that if X4 is added to testing
> (woody), the only thing that'll be broken is the X server, rather than
> a thousand otherwise innocent packages...
What is "the client side"? Everything but xserver-*? Should I just remove
them from the changelog?
Just a broken X server means you can not run X on m68k, right? I don't
think thats too desirable. But after all the feedback from the m68k users on
X4.0 was not very high, so maybe X4 in testing is worth mor ethan a broken X
on m68k.

Christian