Re: Debian on a SE/30

Hello!

I have just successfully installed debian on an SE/30 with 170MB HD and 8MB ram.

The 85 will barely do. I only have netatalk and apache and telnet installed and I'm at 70 i think. plus a swap of 24. You could squeeze with the 85. However, I am worried about the 4MB ram. What part of the installation does it hang on? What are you installing from?

I copied the files over via an external SCSI drive and after that I just followed Michael Schmitz's fine walk-through, and all is well.

from the faq(http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/docs/faq.html)
------------------
The Linux/m68k port requires about the same amount of RAM as the other Linux ports: about 4 megs at the minimum. Even if Linux supports less, the recent versions of the Penguin booter do not.

Reports are in that many people are having trouble booting up the unstable 2.1 kernels on 4 meg machines with ramdisks due to memory limitations.
-------------------

i hope i could help. perhaps someone else knows how to fix these problems?

Hi

Have tried to installed debian on my LCIII, have almost installed the
system but it seems not to work correctly  on that machine,eg the machine
hangs when I enter the tab-key. Now is my pan to install debian on my
SE/30 instead that I have heard will work?
During the installation the machine hangs, anyone who has experiance of
debian on a SE/30. I have 85 MB harddisk and 4 MB RAM

Regards

\Claes