Re: test boot-floppies (2.2.21) for m68k available

At 5:28 AM -0600 12/11/00, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>TEST boot-floppies, built from fridays CVS are available at
>  http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/
>I used 2.2.17 kernel-images (thats why they should be tested!),,,
>Will feed those changes into CVS if I get some feedback...

I tested the _kernel_ on my C650 and it worked, including booting, using X,
accessing my ISP and using ftp via PPP. The system was up continuously for
> 1 hr with no problems. (I couldn't communicate between my PowerBook and
the C650 by ethernet, but I'm not sure that this problem was the fault of
the kernel.)

I didn't repeat the reinstallation process--just extracted and re-gzipped
(with macGzip) the kernel, renaming it vmlinux-2.2.21.gz, and used my
preexising Penguin-18 to boot with it. I also installed the modules (not
recognized in /lib/modules/2.2.17, the directory they came in; I had to
rename this directory to 2.2.21 and copy a modules.dep into it from
elsewhere.)

Jonathan