Re: Linux installation

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:27:40AM +0100, Jean-Luc Ceccoli wrote:
a lot of html text. Please do not use html for email, I can read it, with
some extra work, but I can not reply to that.

Regarding your problems:
You created your own CD? Why did you not download an official CD image?
Which doc specified how to put together that CD? Lots of things could have
gone wrong, unless maybe you used the cd creation tols from Debian.
Maybe the directory names are wrong, your listend showed most of them in
upper case (though that may be a windows feature), they _have_ to be
lowercase.

french keyboard: no atari user with a french keyboard cared to submit a
keymap which can be used in the appropriate package. See the FAQ on
how/where to submit a keymap, maybe also send it to the kbd(?) maintainer.
I don't think you should use i386 keymaps, at least on amigas all keys get
messed up then. Use the us keymap and then create a french one.

mounting gem, cdrom: you should give some details, error messages. With the
information you gave (ie none) its kind of hard to diagnose.

directory listing: its in french... I noted the uppercase, besides that its
hard to read.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato