Re: Fw: Potato boot floppies on Mac getting "invalid compressed format"

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 04:11:44PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Penguin-18 also _might_ get things wrong on a machine with ram based video
> > > and no Nubus video card. I'm not saying it necessarily messes up there but
> > > that's been a tricky case to handle before, and thus prone to suffer
> > > during major code reorganizations.
> > Awfully quite today, ok, I make a provoking proposition:
> > How about including Penuin-17 _and_ Penguin-18 in the boot-floppies?
>
> What would be the point? Penguin-17 is available from the slink
> boot-floppies. And I would rather see Penguin-18 fixed than kludging
It would be on the potato CDs as well. So people with a CD do not have to
have a slink CD as well or download Penguin-17.

> But go ahead and include Penguin-17 - without the Preferences file,
> please (that one had a serious error that did more harm than it helped).
Only the hqx. People have to unhqx it, as described in the docs (I hope).

Btw, did you look at the boot-floppies code recently? I wondered why all the
HFS magic is still there, AFAICS the HFS image is not used at all anymore.
Maybe time to drop that code? Or maybe comment it out? Might confuse future
maintainers...

I got no comment on the new debian-mac-4.txt, so I will check that in now.
I declare the quickinstall guides closed then. Time to merge things into the
main docs. I would really appreciate if some users would help with this,
since this is the one and only official debian documentation.
Please have a look at disk-m68k/doc/install.en.* (* == txt preferable for
diffs I guess) or at:
 http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/m68k/install

Christian