Re: Introduction

> Good luck with the NeXT - how far along is the NeXT port, anyhow? I've not
> heard anything from Zach or anyone else in more than half a year so I
> assumed it's pretty much on hold...

yeah, its pretty much on hold.  Do you know who was working on the SCSI
driver?  It doesn't sound too different than the Atari DMA crap having to
deal with the DMA chips and using the same DMA channel for floppy and hard
disk .. sounds very similar to the old ST.  I wanted to see how far it was
and take a look at it.

I'm trying to get as much info together as I can.  The kernel boots on my
machine .. but crashes in the ethernet driver once it mounts the filesystem.
I think I know where to get the fix. I'm guessing the XFBDev X server may
work if I can get it sort-of stable.  Then I can at least use the NeXT as an
X Term.  A slightly slow one, but probably faster and better looking than the
256-color Indy sitting behind me.

-- Evan