Re: Potato Installation guide-Mac

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 02:22:43PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Yep. It finds a file with zero bytes size (or a rather small size for the
> finderinfo) named base2_2.tgz in install/[.finderinfo,.resource]. It's
> metadata from the HFS filesystem, not the real file data which are in
> install/base2_2.tgz. Due to ASCII sort order the fakes are listed first.
>
> HFS bogosity, should be worked around in the kernel not the apps. Did I
> mention the rather sorry state of HFS filesystem development even for PPC?
Uh-oh... so why don't the PPC people fix it? They have so fast machines...

> > Michael, will you make a patch with your suggested changes? Somehow I do not
> > fully agree with all of them, but then I don't have a mac to test things on.
>
> My patch to the original, reformatted doc was included with the
> reformatted doc (second attachment). merge is your friend.
Hmm, yes it was. I applied your patch to the original, reformatted doc and
diffed that with my previous version. I then put my typo corrections and
othes back in, using your patched, reformatted doc. Also the FIXMEs are in
the patched, reformatted doc. I then sent a diff of my overhauled, patched,
reformatted doc relative to your patched, original, reformatted doc, so your
patches are not listed in the diff, but they are in debian-mac-3,txt on my
page. I was thinking of the comments you had on my patch, the questions I
raised there. I was asking for patches to debian-mac-3.txt, not
debian-mac.txt.

Christian