Keyboards?

I finally got a keyboard/mouse. Very neat. I got it along with a broken LC 475. Does the LC normally (or machintoshen in general) boot up with music? The LC, just plays this music that's all it does. It doesn't show anything on the monitor. Any chance the type of music might indicate what the problem is. the 9th symphony when your hd has crashed, or dance of the sugarplums when mem-check fails? If nothing else I'll put the HD in my IIci. Double the space man! Though I gotta figure out a way to secure it inside the case. Maybe get a bracket and epoxy it near the ram in the front corner.