Re: Mac IIsi freezes

"Marcelo E. Magallon" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I'm trying to get our -68k port installed on a Mac IIsi, but
>  it's proving to be not-so-simple.  The box has an internal 40 GB SCSI
>  disk and an external 2 GB SCSI disk.  I have got debian at least once
>  installed on the system, but I'm running with a little problem:  it
>  freezes after sometime.  The screen blanks and it won't come back.  I
>  was reinstalling it just know and got
>
>      kernel panic: scsi: trying to calling schedule(0 in interrupt,
>      file scsi.c, line 1467.  in interrupt handler - not syncing.
>
>  I have booted with mac5380=4,2; 2,2; 1,1; 1,2; 4,1, and under all of
>  them I have some sort of problem.  Does this like a hw problem to you
>  people?
>
>  Thanks,
>
>                                         Marcelo

Marcelo,
	The mac5380 SCSI driver needs some work.  It is in serious need of some
work, but as far as I can tell noone with SCSI experience has both the
time and desire to fix it.  I am working on a few other things at the
moment, but I plan to try fixing it at some time.  My experience is that
whenever I have external devices on the bus I start to have problems.