Re: Potato Installation guide - Amiga

On 20-Cze-00 19:16:29 Michael Schmitz (schmitz@opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de) wrote:

>> > BTW, did anyone try out this 2.0 compatibility/non-compatibility? Does
>> > it actually work on m68k?

>>    I have fresh potato install without 2.0 compatibility - it works ok
>> with distribution kernel (don't tried with my 2.2.10 copy).

> I think I made a 2.0 compatible filesystem. I'd be a bit pressed to find a
> 2.0 kernel around though, I'll have to download one.
> The point is, there was a field or two added to the ext2 filesystem
> superblock which 2.0 kernels would perhaps choke on. Try your
> non-compatible filesystem with a 2.0.36 kernel, you should get some error
> messages.

    Booting kernel 2.0.36 (slink distribution) with "/" on 2.0 non
compatible partition gave me text about unsuported options in filesystem
what ended with kernel panic: unable to mount root. (no dmesg output because
it found 0 bytes - I tried two times).

    Mounting this partitions under 2.0.36 kernel gave one line message about
unsuported options and it was all.

--
Marcin Juszkiewicz             Amiga 1200 Apollo 1240/40 64MB
mailto:szczepan@blabla.w.pl    Fast-ATA 17.4+0.4GB