Re: Potato Installation guide - Amiga

On 20-Cze-00 15:27:03 Christian T. Steigies (cts@debian.org) wrote:

>>    In attachment I include "updated" version of debian-amiga.txt for
>> potato.

> Thanks for looking into this. You did not use the debian-amiga.txt which I
> allready slightly updated for the "current" boot-floppies?

    I used version from older bf.

> Anyway, I merged most of your changes in, this version is now at:
>  http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-amiga.txt

    I just readed it - it's great but..

- Initialize a Linux partition
     This is very similar to the previous step, but this time it's not about
     swap partitions, but about "real" partition which are supposed to carry
     files. Just as before, you'll be presented with a list of partitions
     that the installer found to be valid as Linux filesystem partitions.
     Again, for each of the partitions you have chosen, accept them,
     skip the "Bad-block scan" and (when you are sure) select "Yes" to format
     (initialize) the partition.

    There is a question to retain 2.0.x kernel compatibility of ext2fs in
this step - I included it i my version.

> If nobody minds or has further improvements, I will check this file into CVS.
> Time is critical, I definetely want everything to be in soon, in case a new
> boot-floppies version will be tagged.

    Thanks for your work Christian.

--
Marcin Juszkiewicz             Amiga 1200 Apollo 1240/40 64MB
mailto:szczepan@blabla.w.pl    Fast-ATA 17.4+0.4GB