Re: Potato Installation guide

>> what with people that only have 1.44M floppy sneakernet going to their
>> Mac? Will we have to split the .tgz like the base files?
>That is left as an exersize to the interested reader. Or they buy a CD, but
>wait, if they don't have a CD-Rom? Do we have to split all debs in 1.44M
>pieces? I think some day even Mac users have to learn how to use toilet
>paper...

Hmmm...I think that most macs (even the very earliest ones) have a scsi
adapter on them. I guess people will have to invest in an external hard
drive or scsi cd-rom...(OTOH, I don't know what's wrong with doing an
install from the mac partition of a single hard drive. I did my install that
way, by getting the files, putting them on the mac partition, booting into
the linux/debian installer, and remembering where I put the files on the mac
partition.) Besides, if someone has a 68k mac without a cd-rom, more than
likely they also have another mac that does have a cd-rom, and they can put
whatever files they want on the cd-less mac via appletalk from the one that
does have a cd...whew!

Russell