Re: Potato Installation guide

> > Please don't mention this file, it should disappear from the mirror
> > anyway. Christian, can you make sure this doesn't get included into the
> > upload anymore? Or in case the CD scripts need it, tell the CD people to
> > delete it afterwards.
> AFAIK its not used by the CD scripts, at least I do not see it on first
> glance. I can kick it, I think.

OK, I consider it kicked.

> > on the FTP site and feed them through binhex. The booter files are not
> next time the will be in mac/ not mac/install.

Makes sense.

> > otherwise present on the CD or FTP site. Please do also mention the
> > precise directory structure on the FTP site needs to be preserved (with
> > base2_2.tgz in some folder, and a subdirectory mac/ and mac/images-1.44/
> > there with the correct files in).
> yup, important. What about a macinstall.tgz? If we get rid of the
> duplication of files, I see no reason why not have tgz files in the
> boot-floppies to download all at once? Lets see what comes out of my build
> today, I am bulding [amiga|atari]install allready.

If it comes out of the build in one way or other, include it. But wait,
what with people that only have 1.44M floppy sneakernet going to their
Mac? Will we have to split the .tgz like the base files?

> > >The absolute minimum should be 20 Mb  This is just enough to install the
> >
> > More like 35 to 40 with potato I think.
> I think we wrote 25 now, thats about the size of base.tgz, but more might be
> needed, I did not experiment with this.

I might confuse this with the base install on powerpc but it was more than
25 I think. Kernel and modules add to the size, as does updating package
lists and so forth.

> Ok, you did not put in all your comments yet. I will wait for further
> comments and merge things (if I dont get a merged version) somewhen tonight.

I didn't change any text.

> After soccer, is there life after soccer? ;-)

After Saturday, is there soccer after Saturday?