Re: kernel-patch questions

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > Well, I have the 2.2.14 source from the Mac68K CVS and am about to try
> > to apply the 2.2.15 and 2.2.16 patches.  What might be helpful is the
> > config file you used for the 2.2.10 kernel that is on the 2.2.13 debian
>
> Install the kernel-image-2.2.10-mac_2.2.10-2.deb kernel package and look
> into /boot/. config-2.2.10 is the config I used for the build. If you
> can't locate the package I can send a copy of the config in PM.
>
> > Also, what compiler should I use to compile this?
>
> 2.7.2.3 is what I used. It may work with later versions, or it may break.
> Be prepared to patch at least the FPU emulator code if you use 2.8
> binutils. The patch should be in Nick's kernel source patch.
>
>         Michael

Well I got the kernel-image-2.2.10 debian package and the mac-patch
packages and am applying the patches then applying the kernel patch
2.2.11, 2.2.12 up through the current.  I am also applying the 2.2.15
and 2.2.16 patches to the linux-mac68k CVS archive kernel.  I am then
going to diff the resulting kernels and decide which looks correct from
there.  After I have compiled using the config-2.2.10 as a start I will
test the resulting kernels on my assortment of Macs.  If everything goes
OK I'll try to find an ftp site to allow others to test them.  I could
put them up on my site, but I only have an IDSL link.  I'll let the
lists know what the results are either way.  Am shooting for completion
by late Saturday EST.

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org