LC 630 seg probs and SoftwareFPU

Hello all,
I've installed SoftwareFPU on my LC 630 to test if it is because of my
cpu that programs are seg faulting. Do I now need to get a program that
uses float point arithmetic in order to test if the FPU emulation is
working? If so does anyone have a suggestion of what program I could use
(I'm not a mac user)?

Thanks,
James

p.s. for those who do not know... I recently installed potato on my mac
LC 630. The first time it booted up (during the install when you are
supposed to set the root password and choose your deb files) it hung in
init. I can log in but ls seg faults at random and adduser seg faults
all the time (I have not checked anything else). I just want to be sure
this is a problem with my cpu (68LC040) and not something else. I'll
change the cpu if I must.

--
James Waterhouse                  | Tel:  +1.(514)-287-1166
MathEngine Canada Inc.            | Fax:  +1.(514)-287-3360

Have you had some chicken cheese today?