Re: pseudo-image creation of m68k slink r2 (was RE: Hello, )

Can someone please close this bug? Reasons below. I'm author/maintainer of
mentioned package, but no official Debian developer.

BTW, this bug was reported against "cdimage.debian.org", which does not exist.
Should it? Maintainer could/should be debian-cd@lists.
----------------------

Hi!

The "problems" with the Pseudo-Image Kit & m68k are due to the fact that
the available CD images are still 2.1r2, but the FTP archive is already at
2.1r5-r6. So every file that's changed since 2.1r2 is required for the CD, but
not any more available on the FTP sites. However, as discussed in the README,
this is not fatal at all, and you can go on with the rsync step just fine.
Rsync will fetch the missing data directly from the CD image on the rsync
server. (Yeah, that's pretty inefficient, but still more efficient and robust
than FTP/HTTP.)

Conclusion: this is not a bug, merely an inefficiency. The real bugs that
caused this are "being resolved" at this moment, we hope to have 2.1r6 images
for all platforms soon.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer