Re: boot-floppies report: success!

Chris Baker <baker@treyarch.com> writes:

> "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 10:00:12AM -0700, Chris Baker wrote:
> > > The machine is a Mac IIci.  I didn't feel like downloading stuffit
> > > again, so I just used the penguin version I already had (from hamm?).
> > What did you download, bf-mac? There should be a penguin inside (17 or 18,
> > depends on your version). Doenst that work? I think there should be a hqx
> > inside, if so, can you please check, if that works, especially, if its
> > Penguin-18. Thats completely untested, it was unpacked and copied over from
> > a Mac emulator...
>
> There's a penguin hqx file there.  I couldn't find the program to
> decompress it (I haven't used macos on that system for years).  If I
> get some time this weekend, I'll redownload it and make sure it works.

I'm kind of stuck here.  My macos partition is really minimal; it
doesn't even have a driver for the ethernet card.  I can download
stuff just fine in linux, and I can read-write the hfs partition, but
I don't have any macos tools that can unpack anything I can download
into an executable.  Are there any linux tools that can unpack an hqx
file (or unpack some other format that stuffit expander is available
in)?  I'm not really planning to do anything more with the macos on
this box, but I would like to help out wrt testing stuff if I can.

TIA,

cbb