boot-floppies report: success!

The machine is a Mac IIci.  I didn't feel like downloading stuffit
again, so I just used the penguin version I already had (from hamm?).
I pointed it at the new kernel and ramdisk, changed root to point to
/dev/ram, and everything went smoothly.  The supplied kernel
recognized my ethernet card, and I haven't had *any* scsi timeouts in
the past two days (I'm using mac5380=4,2 in case anyone cares).

I've been trying to get a halfway stable system on this box for almost
three years now (macos never qualified...:-), and now it looks like
I'm there.  Many thanks to all who've contributed.

Now, onward to vgetty.  I hope this box will make a great
fax/answering machine.

Thanks again,

cbb