Re: Penguin-18

Christian
 I have access to mvme162 mvme162fx mvme167 mvme172 mvme172fx mvme177
and perhaps
a few more that I can use. I would be happy to test the 2.2.14 kernel,
boot-
floppies and all. I need to have the patches and tools to test with.
I think that my system is complete and functional, running 2.2.10. I can
get these cards on a temporary basis to test a kernel for a few days at
time. Perhaps we could coordinate this testing? The mvme1xxfx cards are
without floating point in the chips. My typical development environment
has
16meg, and a 1gig scsi drive. I am still a newbie as far as these
development
kernels go, I may need explicit instructions for building.

I am still having some problems with the non-fpu compile, the kernel
starts to boot,
and then half of the rc scripts trigger segfaults, then it hangs in
getty.

m68k kernel-image    http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image
> m68k boot-floppies  http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies

John K. Stevenson, Motorola Tempe. (602) 438-3961 (FAX 602-438-6140)
JStevens@phx.mcd.mot.com  Tempe. AZ
Pager: 1738917@skytel.com,  800-759-8888 pin 1738917