DHCP, and multiple ethernet cards

I recently tested 2.2.11 on the Quadra 950. Everything worked fine(keyboard map, install drivers and modules, configure drivers and modules, etc...,haven't tried install base recently but that worked before assuming it still does) except for the configure the network part. A note about the machine: it has a built-in ethernet card that needs some sort of convertor cable to hook up a standard twisted pair cat 5 cable to it. Seeing as how i didn't have one of those, but i did have a spare 10 BaseT apple nubus ethernet card, i stuck it in. It works fine under the macOS, and I'm 99% certain the kernel recognizes it, but it doens't asign it any particular name(i.e. eth0 or eth1)(is there some way i can cause the boot messages to be stored to a file for analysis some other time?). The built in sonic ethernet card is assigned eth0.

One other thing, that I'm pretty certain has been mentioned before, i have to do a mkdir /var/run/ in order for DHCP auto-configure to attempt to work correctly. Before i did the mkdir it gave me an error about not being able to find or write to or something like that /var/run/pump.sock

How do I tell it to use the ethernet card that is located in the 4th nubus slot(according to the MacOS is is slot #4 at least)
--
Weirdo				"I need 5 ccs of
(Clay Ginsburg)			people stat " - anonymous