Re: Boot floppies 2.2.11 report (failure)

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 05:02:25PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > See above... I dont have a mac, not sure if I could do that with a mac
> > emulator.
>
> No way Jose. Penguin refuses to start without a MMU.
########### Machine Profile ##########
  Mac              : 11 (Mac IIci)
  Sys              : 7.5.5
  RAM              : 64 MB
  CPU              : 68040
  FPU              : 68040 built-in
  MMU              : 68040 built-in
  ADB              : v0 - MacII style
  ATA/IDE          : No  (ATA hardware)
  NuBus            : No  (no slots present)
  VIA1             : Yes
  VIA2             : No
  RBV              : Yes
  OSS              : No
  ASC              : Yes
  SCC              : Yes
  SCSI_5380        : Yes
  SCSI_5380 DMA    : No
  SCSI_5396:1      : No  (internal bus)
  SCSI_5396:2      : No  (external bus)
  SWIM IOP         : No
  SCC IOP          : No
  Sonic            : No  (built-in ethernet)
  SoftPowerOff     : Yes
######################################

Seems my emulator _does_ have an MMU. Alas it does not detect the 060, must
be because no Mac has one? I can even try to boot, and the emulator is good
enough to try and instantly crash the emulation _and_ the amiga. But then,
I did not specify any kernel image or other boot parameters.
Still I prefer somebody sending me config file and binary in the proper
format. I am not the hqx expert and allways wonder about the mac zoo of
converter formats...

I must say, Penguin looks neat, why don't we have something like this for
Amiga?

Christian