Re: Boot floppies 2.2.11 report (failure)

> > - Something's gone wrong with mac-fdisk.txt (sized 1 byte) and
> > pmac-fdisk.txt (sized 26 bytes, reads "** man page not found **").
> Oups... have to look into that. Of course I don't have that deb installed on
> my amiga, perhaps I should...

No idea where the man pages are looked for but both mac-fdisk and
pmac-fdisk are required packages for boot-floppies.

> > - "Don't Disable Video Card VBL's" in the Penguin prefs shouldn't be
> > checked?
> See above... I dont have a mac, not sure if I could do that with a mac
> emulator.

No way Jose. Penguin refuses to start without a MMU.

> > - There are two files called root.bin, a smaller one in mac/ and a larger
> > one in mac/images-1.44 . After a moment of confusion I decide the
> > difference is just empty space to fill up a floppy and use the smaller
> > one.
> The larger is for creating a (DOS) floppy, I don't know if thats good for
> anything, but all (sub)arches do that...

It's good for all subarches that can load the ramdisk from floppy. Maybe
VME, but neither Mac nor Atari nor Mac can ever use that option.