Re: stuck

> went back to a 2.2.10 kernel (Oct 1) and tried that...it gripes
> about not finding any window-manager (yes, fvwm2 and fvwm95 ARE
> both installed and in the window-managers file too)...but it did
> start up...so I ran the wm manually and actually did see X working
> on it...
>
> but, with this kernel, no network!  nothing works, not even ping..

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux on m68k Macs. There's been a
number of changes back and forth with the ethernet drivers in 2.2.10 since
last year. I have no idea which of these kernels are supposed to work or
are known to be broken - consult the linux-mac68k list or its archives for
this.
I have no idea on how fast any of this is going to be fixed (if ever). Two
or three active developers just can't handle the load (or don't have the
hardware in question, or ...).