Re: stuck

>> Lon had suggested that I try a later kernel...which I have now also
>> done...d'lded 2.2.10-Oct15...AND, it fixes this problem!!  No more
>> FBDev issue...I also did get Penguin-18, but the Stuffit that I have
>> won't deal with it...so I'm using 17...
>
>We'll need to get that StuffIt version problem fixed. What kernel versions
>/builds were broken? The dmesg output looked all fine.

I'm thinking its my older Stuffit that won't unstuff Penguin-18...haven't
had trouble with it before, but it won't deal with that file...

>> but alas, I still can't get X running...now the Xserver blows up because
>> it can't open the mouse!  There is a link in /dev...mouse --> adbmouse,
>> but there is NO device, adbmouse!  And MAKEDEV doesn't know how to make
>> one...
>
>What version of Debian are you running? I'm fairly sure slink had both

its 2.1 now, since I did an upgrade last nite...

>/dev/adbmouse and support for it in makedev. OTOH just do a mknod
>/dev/adbmouse c 10 10 (off the top of my head but look at the mailing list
>archive, it's been explained before).

yep, Lon suggested I look in the mail archive to get it exactly right
and that was it...

but, now I've had to go back and boot from 2.0.36 so I could finish this
apt-get...the 2.2.10 Oct 15 kernel has a real problem on this hardware
anyway...it keeps hanging...once when it was doing nothing more than
sitting there with mc up...then again, after 48% of the apt-get had run
it did the same thing...so I'm gonna try the 2.2.10 of Oct 1 and see
what happens with that...

with 2.0.36, it won't talk to the FBDev properly, where the 2.2.10 does
but it won't stay up long enough running that one to do anything
worthwhile

not yet anyway...
paul