Re: m68k boot-floppies ready

Hi,
On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 03:24:54PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 10:41:02AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > Hi,
> > m68k boot-floppies are ready.
> >  www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies
>
> Just trying an instal on an MVME177 (68060 version of MVME167).  Trying
cool! when did you download it? Was it the bf-* files (which I also
uploaded to master) or was it still vmeinstall.tgz files? Nick fixed a
tzconfig bug in the newer (the bf-*) ones.

> to have / on /dev/sda5 and /boot on /dev/sda1.  Runs through, initialises
> sda5 and mounts as root.  Initialises sda1, suggests /boot as a mount
> point, I say 'OK' and it says "Mount failed: No such file or directory".
>
> Dropped in to a shell, did "mkdir /target/boot", and then it would
> mount it OK.
Hmm, thats not my fault I think. Maybe thats allready a known bug for the
boot-floppies people?

> which is confusing, because instmnt doesn't exist on my server.  First
> time I erased /instmnt and gave '.' as a path.  In fact I should have
> just clicked OK.
It would be cool if you could put that into the install-vme.txt and overhaul
the rest a little bit as well. You have a VME machine, I don't ;-)

> Anyway, it is now grabbing Packages from the net, routing through my
> PC via IP Masquerading.
Cool!

Thanks,
Christian