Re: But it worked for JAG... (was: PEX X font errors on SE/30)

> >The 21k is OK for the real tiny screen of the fishtank type Macs (you
> >know, the ones with CPU and monitor together in one box, and the handle on
> >top of the case to make it easier to toss them out :-). <-- I resent that!

What, the :-) ?? ;-)

> Ya, it should work.
>
> Like I said, I get up the whole gray stitchwork screen, and I have
> mouse support. I don't see whats wrong!

Can you move the mouse cursor (X) at that stage?

> The problem could to be with FBDev... are there any other xserver's
> for m68k/linux?

Not for Mac.

> I'm suprised nobody reacted to this:
> (**) XKB: disabled
>
> does that mean the keyboard isn't working?

No, it means that the X keyboard extensions aren't working. The keyboard
works nonetheless.

> WAIT-- assuming that there isn't an error, maybe its missing
> something all together....
>
> Do I need a windowmanager like twm or fvwm?

Would be useful to have. Starting X with xinit, you should
eventually get one xterm window that you can type in, but can't
move around with the mouse (that's the window manager's job). Running xdm
to start X would also be nice once you're sure it works.