Re: Install with new potato boot-floppies

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 12:30:59PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Sure, where is it?
on my machine here (you remember the address?) and
 http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
Also my new amiga images is there.

> > Some more things I noted, the amiga.lzh archive needs to be overhauled, new
> > icons (nearly finished), new directory structure, all bf files are in
> > images-1.44, no longer in debian. So I just move amiboot and the scripts
> > also to install-1.44?
>
> Yikes. Can lha make symlinks that work on AFFS?
No idea...

> There's a separate script attribute for AOS I think. No idea how that
> translates to Unix, or what to tell lha to set this bit.
"s" for scripts I think, but "e" for executable might be enough. Seems I
have to experiment a little...

> No idea, and I'll avoid the lha archive at all cost - for all I care it
> should be dropped unless someone reports it works in its current form. The
> directory structure dbootstrap looks for is less than optimal for our
> purpose. I guess everybody should just get a CD.
There is a tar for amiga... but on the CD it will be untared. boot-floppies
could go into main, if we drop lha support. I will try to make the new
amigasupport archive as a tar archive...

Christian