apt-error (fwd)

Hello again.

It seems like I have gotten around the dead ftp at least, so now only the
segmentation fault resides. That I don't have any clue how to fix.
However, the number (568 in the below case) have changed. I think it was 880
or 881 or something the last time.

Anyone got a clue?

> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with apt.
>
> Tried to make an 'apt-get update' and this is what I got:
>
> ------
> E: Method ftp has died unexpectedly!
> usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/update : line 20      568 segmentation fault
> $APTGET $OPTS update
>
> update avaliable list script returned error exit status 139
> --------
>
> This was from choosing update within dselect. If I do it manually in the
> shell I only got 'E: Method ftp has died unexpectedly!' and 'segmentation
> fault'

Regards
--
Thomas Sjölin

http://www.infoscandic.se/~thomas

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.