Re: postgresql 6.5.3-15 fails to create the template database

Moin,
On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 09:28:39AM +0900, daioh@lares.dti.ne.jp wrote:

> I currently use 2.2.10 kernel with potato on my Amiga. When I tried to
> install postgresql with apt-get, it always fails at the phase of
> creating the temlate database. Here is the log. Anyone help me?
>
> Creating template database in /var/lib/postgres/data/base/template1
>
> FATAL: s_lock(801b6432) at spin.c:109, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
>
> FATAL: s_lock(801b6432) at spin.c:109, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
> initdb: could not create template database
> initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /var/lib/postgres/data/base/template1
> dpkg: error processing postgresql (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Hmm, same trouble with kernel 2.0.36, but it works on i386, with
postgresql 6.5.3-16. I didnt see any hint in the changelog for a bugfix
though. I guess you should report a bug, even if might be m68k specific.

I am pretty sure that I had an older version of postgresql installed on
m68k. Maybe you can investigate a little more with strace or whatnot?

Sorry,
Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz